God Control - Discussion

Justifymy Eroticsex

Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:03 am

GOD CONTROL DISCUSSION THREAD

Link for music video:

Link For Non- Music Video:

Okay, so after watching the video, i was pretty shocked on how it turned out, the going backwards in time, the shooting, and the robbery... this is how the world is now and this video has a powerful message which is simply -
"WE NEED TO WAKEUP"

What are your thoughts on God Control?
MisterX

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:09 pm

Now having visualized the video several times I matured my idea about music. Along with the video the music made a lot more sense now, I get to see the complete message of what she wanted to convey to us. The video is strong and could be even more so if she wanted to. It still bothers me the very loud noise of the shots under the music but I understand its function. The time setting is a bit confusing and with some mistakes, but it's cool.

@oinstadoluiz
MisterX

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:12 pm

ALSO

God Control Music Video [Chronological Order]

@oinstadoluiz
RUADJAI

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:32 pm

I posted my analysis at Infinity but the God Control thread isn't there anymore, I think that may be where something took place. but for anyone who didn't see my post it went a little something like this:

At first I thought, like alot of people, that Discodonna and Dissapointedonna were different people in different decades. But after further inspection I came to the conclusion they are one in the same. They are wearing the same nail polish and are in fact in the same room. The camera shows a close up of M's fingernails while lying on the ground right before a shot of Dissapointedonna puts her hand over her head and shows the same nails underneath her glove. This was not an accident.

Dissapointedonna is actually Discodonna's brain. She is typing frantically trying to wake herself up. She sees the school shooting on TV and begins. At times repeating the same thing over and over and over to no avail. WE LOST GUN CONTROL. When Discodonna gets held up at gun point Dissapointedonna slams her fists against the typewriter because she is not listening. Also when Discodonna is finally shot Dissapointedonna is shown wincing.

Alot of people were complaining that Madonna was breathing while she was supposed to be dead but in fact she isn't dead in these shots. She's still clinging to life. The only time the video alludes to M being dead is at the very beginning when there is a shot of the bedroom, but sideways, empty, and with the light turned off. The next shot is Dissapointedonna sitting still, not typing... these are the moments before death as we are moving backwards in time as we all know.

This is also why she keeps saying she doesn't smoke dope in the song, she doesn't want to get high and silence her brain; her friend thats trying to help her.

I think its also a very smart move to make it so she's not actually preaching to anyone but herself. The song may come across as preachy since she's telling people to wake up, but in the video she's trying to wake herself up.

At first watch the video was a little hectic and seemed messy, but after finding this out I think its fucking genius!!
patrice1711

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:58 pm

the video, takes me both ways !!! sure i love ittttt!!!! on the other hand,i have some trouble . anyway lovingggggg MADONNA X
cesarantoph

Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:41 pm

this is what i think!