Site Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Bel wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:26 pm
Giampiero wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:54 pm
Bel wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:28 pm
I was waiting to say but since you asked, here are some things for your consideration, we need:
* Another option of theme, this graffiti theme is too dark and not pleasant to look at;
* To post a picture and be embedded directly without using Image
* To be able to embed Twitter, Facebook, Soundcloud, Spotify, Vimeo...
* To upload pictures straight from our files to the forum, we used to have a limit on Infinity to do that;
* More emojis, especially the animated;
* Reaction button.
Slowly we will add more features. It takes time.
Anyway, you can already embed Twitter, Facebook, Spotify, Vimeo, Instagram, YouTube etc... it’s been implemented several days ago... just copy and paste the link.
There is a reaction button: Thank you button. It’s the only one which is working with our script at the moment.
We switched to a dark theme due to the image that has been chosen. We will switch to the light one in the near future.

I don’t remember if you already can upload images or not, I need to check. But it can become a big in the future in terms of costs, unless you don’t want to contribute in hosting

We have done our best to give you as much as possible but this is a free script/ open source and it’s not possible to have everything you used to have with a payment service. We will work on extra functions, but don’t expect exactly a copy of what you had.
I'm not expecting a copy from Infinity or any other forum, those suggestions i made are present in most forums, but if the service is limited because is free, so be it.
The script is phpbb, which is the best forum open source. But of course we pay for our server.

Phpbb has its limits. Everything we added according to your requests took time. Not everything can be done without extra coding.
We are happy to improve that site as much as possible, but keep that in mind and do not take anything for granted,
Giampiero
Site Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:39 pm

I've just finished integrating the Latest Post function as request. You can find them on top of the Index Page.
Please, have a look.

Note: It is not possible to have them on the right side.
It is possible to change the numbers of posts shown, as well as some other minor setup.
Giampiero
Site Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:42 pm

I have checked regarding uploading attachments, because I was not sure if I remembered correctly.
It is already allowed. Just select the "attachments" tab below the "Save draft", "Preview" and "Submit" buttons.
Frank

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Giampiero wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:39 pm
I've just finished integrating the Latest Post function as request. You can find them on top of the Index Page.
Please, have a look.
Great, but does it show latest answers or just latest new topics? I'm afraid it's the 1st... Could it be the other way??.
Justifymy Eroticsex

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:37 pm

I agree with Bel as well, but i love the forum the way it is. Its like a brand new home for me
😊
stfan97

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 pm

Is it possible to increase the PM limit? There was no limit on Infinity, which was one of the really nice things about it.

Is it possible to reduce the size of avatars on our personal view or increase posts per page? Right now, it takes a lot of scrolling to get to see all the new posts.

Thank you for all the hard work in setting everything up!
Giampiero
Site Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:51 pm

stfan97 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 pm
Is it possible to increase the PM limit? There was no limit on Infinity, which was one of the really nice things about it.

Is it possible to reduce the size of avatars on our personal view or increase posts per page? Right now, it takes a lot of scrolling to get to see all the new posts.

Thank you for all the hard work in setting everything up!
1. PM limit: maybe
2. Posts per page: Do you mean the number of posts per page? No, it would slow day the page load
Giampiero
Site Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:52 pm

I have added some Madame X emojis and more... I will keep on adding more in the future

:madamexx: :madamexcover: :madamexmouth: :madamex01:
JustifyMyLove

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:01 am

My suggestions are:
To be able to change the profile picture without using gravatar (I guess it’s with gravatar bc of the forum hosting costs stuff)
And to have a more light theme than this dark one. Actually I like it but I think the header picture is kinda unflattering and some other from the same set could have been chosen. It could also be Giampero’a avatar photo as header with a light theme.

A
Giampiero
Site Admin

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:03 am

JustifyMyLove wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:01 am
My suggestions are:
To be able to change the profile picture without using gravatar (I guess it’s with gravatar bc of the forum hosting costs stuff)
It is already possible. It has been announced yesterday :happy5:
Jester

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:06 am

I think it’s great 👍🏻 :madamexx:
moon1

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:18 am

Really great to have a new place to discuss and share.

My requests would be:

To have an option to change the forum color, black is a bit painful to read. I switched phpBB for now which helps a bit.
If people can post previews of what they offer in links that'd be helpful too.

And possibly an option to load avatar directly. (OOPs seen it has been done.) :)

Thanks for the good work.
Giampiero
Site Admin

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:09 pm

moon1 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:18 am
Really great to have a new place to discuss and share.

My requests would be:

To have an option to change the forum color, black is a bit painful to read. I switched phpBB for now which helps a bit.
If people can post previews of what they offer in links that'd be helpful too.

And possibly an option to load avatar directly. (OOPs seen it has been done.) :)

Thanks for the good work.
The light background will come in the near future.

:vogue:
RUADJAI

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:34 pm

Thanks @giampiero and @dazedmadonna ...

My suggestion has already been voiced by someone else but I'll just add my name to it. A few more different ways to "like" a post would be amazing. (ie: Laugh, Love, Sad, Thanks etc.)

And also, right now, when you do "thank" or "like" a post it takes you to a different page and then redirects back to the original post again. I know this might be complicated, but if we can make this so it doesn't take us to a different page or reload VISIBLY that would be AMAZING!!!!

:trueblue:
Giampiero
Site Admin

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:37 pm

RUADJAI wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:34 pm
Thanks @giampiero and @dazedmadonna ...

My suggestion has already been voiced by someone else but I'll just add my name to it. A few more different ways to "like" a post would be amazing. (ie: Laugh, Love, Sad, Thanks etc.)

And also, right now, when you do "thank" or "like" a post it takes you to a different page and then redirects back to the original post again. I know this might be complicated, but if we can make this so it doesn't take us to a different page or reload VISIBLY that would be AMAZING!!!!

:trueblue:
Sorry, but not possible. Who knows in the future.