Are you happy so far?

Giampiero
Site Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:10 pm

Hey guys,

I’d like to have your feedback. The forum has been built in only a couple of hours in a hurry to satisfy the many requests... and I know that you all faced some issues, and some helpful features were missing.
We worked hard to fix the issues and improve the board to welcome your suggestions. There is still room to improve it and make it grown.

But I do hope you like it so far.
Bel

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:28 pm

I was waiting to say but since you asked, here are some things for your consideration, we need:
* Another option of theme, this graffiti theme is too dark and not pleasant to look at;
* To post a picture and be embedded directly without using Image
* To be able to embed Twitter, Facebook, Soundcloud, Spotify, Vimeo...
* To upload pictures straight from our files to the forum, we used to have a limit on Infinity to do that;
* More emojis, especially the animated;
* Reaction button.
Steffmad

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:00 pm

I love the Forum as it is right now!!.
Don't blow it up to much...i think it only makes the Mods and Admins more work.

But i also have no Ideas to make it better for Members!

I feel i have a new Home with most of the Members i know that alone makes me happy
Enrico

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:52 pm

Personally, I agree with Bel with need of a more colorful theme.
Like M says, we go from darkness to light :tongue70:

Like someone already suggested, it would be useful to have a window with new threads.

I wonder if it would be better, to show a download link, to use the thank you button rather than post a reply, in order to avoid pages of "thank yous" without any comment. We also tried that on Infinity and it seemed to work.

But honestly what I miss the most are some Madonna emoticons.
Last edited by Enrico on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giampiero
Site Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Bel wrote:
I was waiting to say but since you asked, here are some things for your consideration, we need:
* Another option of theme, this graffiti theme is too dark and not pleasant to look at;
* To upload pictures straight from our files to the forum, we used to have a limit on Infinity to do that;
* Reaction button.
Slowly we will add more features. It takes time.
Anyway, you can already embed Twitter, Facebook, Spotify, Vimeo, Instagram, YouTube etc... it’s been implemented several days ago... just copy and paste the link.
There is a reaction button: Thank you button. It’s the only one which is working with our script at the moment.
We switched to a dark theme due to the image that has been chosen. We will switch to the light one in the near future.

I don’t remember if you already can upload images or not, I need to check. But it can become a big in the future in terms of costs, unless you don’t want to contribute in hosting

We have done our best to give you as much as possible but this is a free script/ open source and it’s not possible to have everything you used to have with a payment service. We will work on extra functions, but don’t expect exactly a copy of what you had.
Giampiero
Site Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:56 pm

Enrico wrote:

Like someone already suggested, it would be useful to have a window with new threads.
Not possible as of now.
Giampiero
Site Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:57 pm

Enrico wrote:

I wonder if it would be better, to show a download link, to use the thank you button rather than post a reply, in order to avoid pages of "thank yous" without any comment. We also tried that on Infinity and it seemed to work.

Not possible with our script
Giampiero
Site Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Enrico wrote:

But honestly what I miss the most are some Madonna emoticons.
We already planned to do that. Actually, if you have a link to them or something just send me a private message...
Enrico

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:02 pm

Thank you Giampiero for the clarifications and your hard work and most of all for the opportunity of keeping the family together!
Giampiero
Site Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Enrico wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:02 pm
Thank you Giampiero for the clarifications and your hard work and most of all for the opportunity of keeping the family together!
Thanks to you!
❤️
MiB-Madonna

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:21 pm

an other artist media section in the off-topics would be great to have!

thanx for all you have done so far in such a short time :)
Frank

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:01 pm

I'd love to see the newest/latest topics in the main page, i think that's really helpful, at least for me it is hehehehe. Everything is working fine so far, but i miss that ;-)
ScottyX

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:10 pm

I like it. glad to be here
I agree, new topics highlighted would be nice .. or maybe I am missing a button to see Unread topics
Bel

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:26 pm

Giampiero wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:54 pm
Bel wrote:
* Reaction button.
Slowly we will add more features. It takes time.
Anyway, you can already embed Twitter, Facebook, Spotify, Vimeo, Instagram, YouTube etc... it’s been implemented several days ago... just copy and paste the link.
There is a reaction button: Thank you button. It’s the only one which is working with our script at the moment.
We switched to a dark theme due to the image that has been chosen. We will switch to the light one in the near future.

I don’t remember if you already can upload images or not, I need to check. But it can become a big in the future in terms of costs, unless you don’t want to contribute in hosting

We have done our best to give you as much as possible but this is a free script/ open source and it’s not possible to have everything you used to have with a payment service. We will work on extra functions, but don’t expect exactly a copy of what you had.
I'm not expecting a copy from Infinity or any other forum, those suggestions i made are present in most forums, but if the service is limited because is free, so be it.
Jorick

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:13 pm

Steffmad wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:00 pm
I love the Forum as it is right now!!.
Don't blow it up to much...i think it only makes the Mods and Admins more work.

But i also have no Ideas to make it better for Members!

I feel i have a new Home with most of the Members i know that alone makes me happy
I couldn't have said it better myself