What made you a Madonna fan?

Dazedmadonna

Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:21 pm

I'm curious to know, what moment, era, song or album made you a fan? Share your stories here !
Primul

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:14 pm

When I was like 5 or 6, I accidently clicked on her Hung Up video on some website. Then Get Together and Sorry popped out so I obviously clicked it :happy7: And so I was getting to know her music, but I started to be really aware of who she is when I was 12/13 - just in the MDNA era :monkey1:
cherry

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:22 pm

I have heard of her since I was little, especially during the Confessions era, Hung Up was really big. 4 minutes, Give it to me, and songs from the MDNA era like Give me all your luvin also piqued the interest of many in my country, I was about 11 or 12 at that time. But the most known song by Madonna here is "Crazy For You" for some odd reason. Honestly I just got into her recently while accidentally stumbling upon a random youtube video and her performances caught my attention. I really appreciate her and her art, her beliefs and worldviews. It's such a shame that my generation does not really understand her or get why she's doing all this, but I'm glad I got to discover her while she's still actively exercising her art.
Enrico

Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:24 pm

Curiously, it all started with music, without never seeing her on video. So for me Madonna was a voice before the iconic image.
I remember listening to Into the groove on the radio and at school parties and wondering who the singer was.
But the song that really got my attention was Papa don't preach, followed by Open your heart.
Then I met a girl who had the True Blue cassette and I copied these two songs on my cassette (Strangely, I don't remember noticing La isla bonita at the time). I liked them so much that a few days later I went to the record shop and bought the cassette, soon followed by LAV.
A few month later Who's that girl was everywhere. The song, the movie, the tour.
The First Album came later, I bought it together with You can dance.
madgefan

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:19 pm

rlittler81

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:03 am

I was aware of her in the 80s but became a fan after hearing 'Vogue'. It's still my favourite song. I also saw the Blond Ambition Tour on BBC2 on Christmas Eve 1990 and it piqued my interest. In the Summer of 1991 I bought The Immaculate Collection on cassette and my obsession began!
I'm Madame X.
Steffmad

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:43 pm

It was 1983:
I was a teen and Holiday was released. I felt in love with that Song and i bought my first Album of an Artist!!!
I spin the First Album houres and houres....i couldn't get enough of it.

so a Madonna Stan was born...me...now we have 2019 and i'm still a Fan!!!
MadLover

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:55 pm

1989 I was twelve and on the radio I heard like a prayer - from that day began the love of my life and it is still going on :happy7:
adamex

Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:50 pm

Hearing the classics!
Fontainebleau

Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:22 am

I first heard of Madonna when she released Lucky Star. As a young boy I was completely in awe of the song and video. I also really liked Borderline and Material Girl, but it was the song Open Your Heart that made me a big fan. A couple of years later, when I was 12 years old Madonna released Express Yourself and that was the moment I became a massive super fan. The melody of the song, the lyrics and the striking video were just everything. It really was outstanding and so different from anything else I heard on the radio or saw on television. It just spoke to me. Since then I watched her every move and her music became the background to my life.
DadoCiccone

Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:53 pm

I don't Remember which Song It was but It was during the true Blue era so It could be papà don't preach or open your Heart. I was blown away by the wtg tour so for me that was the turning point
G House

Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:23 am

2006. I'm on a school trip and I'm sick. 'Sorry' pops on the radio and the only thing I can think of is focusing on the song so that I don't puke over my mates. I already knew her, I knew Hung Up, Like a Prayer and Material Girl, but somehow Sorry got stuck in my head. The next thing I remember is listening to Confessions and Like a Prayer (album). My father downloaded music for me (yeah, I was 13 by then or so) and he offered me downloading the Confessions Tour DVD: I was mesmerized. That was the start of everything. Then my uncle gifted me the DVD/CD combo and that was also my first item, the beginning of an obsession hahahaha
saiyuuki

Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:59 am

Back in 1984, "Like A Virgin" caught my attention - it got a lot of airplay and everyone was into it at the school disco... in 1985, I was aware of her other singles, but I wasn't a fan yet.
Then, on 10th November 1985 (I wrote it in my diary at the time!), I watched "Desperately Seeking Susan" at my local cinema and my life changed forever. I fell completely in love with her, became obsessed with "Into the Groove", got her Like a Virgin album, then The First Album and I'm still a big fan now ;-)
burdigala

Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:52 pm

For me everything started with Holiday in 1984 when I saw her performance on a french TV show H.IP.H.O.P hosted by Sydney. It was the first show in France in which was displayed every saturdays underground music from NY. It was the early stages of urban music hip hop smurf.... I really loved the song and the energy of this singer, then followed Borderline and Lucky Star wich I loved but I didn't really paid attention who was singing and at this time there wasn't Music TV Chanels in France. So the first video I ever see was Like A Virgin and then Material Girl and from that moment I was under her spell. And since then I'm a Madonna Addict
ScottyX

Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:03 am

84. I was 9. I think I was too young to know what it was to be a fan I just knew I loved playing a compilation tape that had Madonna on it. By age 12 I was corrupted by her.